Thursday, December 6, 2012

bleh

 

Hello! These two pictures basically describe my day and sort of how I feel right now. That is all. 



ALSO: 

talwaar:

elizabitchtaylor:

On December 6th, 1989, shortly before five ‘o’ clock and the end of classes before Christmas break, fourteen female engineering students were shot and killed at the École Polytechnique in Montreal, Quebec by a gunman who claimed he was “fighting feminism”. 
The massacre stands as one of the most tragic hate crimes in Canadian history. 
Today we remember:

Geneviève Bergeron, aged 21;Hélène Colgan, 23;Nathalie Croteau, 23;Barbara Daigneault, 22;Anne-Marie Edward, 21;Maud Haviernick, 29;Barbara Maria Klucznik, 31;Maryse Leclair, 23;Annie St.-Arneault, 23;Michèle Richard, 21;Maryse Laganière, 25;Anne-Marie Lemay, 22;Sonia Pelletier, 28; andAnnie Turcotte, aged 21.

(image credit: Sandy Kowalik)

This is especially terrifying because my mother was an engineering student in 1989. And she tells me these horrific tales of the racism/sexism she faced then, being one of the very few WOC (one of like, 12 women in her program to begin with).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89cole_Polytechnique_massacre

It's the anniversary of the École Polytechnique shooting, which I am considerably torn up about. If you don't know about, the above link should help (I know, I know, Wikipedia isn't  the best source for information, but I am currently half-asleep and that is the best that I can do right now.) 

-Britney

5 comments:

  1. That jerk thing is awesome, it pretty much burns into my brain some days.
    carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy bitchday! perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! Im fran, a spanish male fashion blogger. Maybe you like my style and want to follow me

    http://showroomdegarde.blogspot.com.es/2012/12/mom-and-son-with-their-christmas-outfit.html

    twitter: @showroomdegarde
    facebook: showroomdegarde

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete