Friday, September 28, 2012

in which i analyze (and the fashion universe talks to me)

On Wednesday I had a mini fashion-epiphany. I was in Barnes & Noble looking for a few magazines  when I found the foreign fashion magazines. I've read them before, but I never really read them before. It was so weird. I can't really explain what happened. I was just crouching on the floor surrounded by fashion mags from other countries when I realized a bunch of things that don't make sense when I say it (or write it). It was my brain saying: This is what makes fashion fashion. This is why blogs are born. This is so beautiful. There were so many things running through my mind while I was sitting there looking at the magazines and writing. Something clicked in my head that was like: Fashion isn't just clothes and how you wear them. Fashion is about feelings and evoking memories and beautiful things into outfits. I felt like I'd finally been let in on a big secret. So I bought a special edition copy of Harper's Bazaar that talked about the a/w 2012 shows because it focuses on the big picture of each collection while narrowing in on the details. Which is what I'm learning to do now; look at the details of clothes to understand the grand scheme of things and craft better outfits, ones that actually have more meanings and emotions than usual. I hope that I don't sound pretentious; I'm just trying to sum up everything that I felt/feel. 

Also, when I picked up the copy of Harper's Bazaar that I mentioned before, it opened up to the page talking about Dolce & Gabbana's a/w 2012 line, and OH MY I AM IN LOVE WITH IT. It's a large part as to why I bought the magazine. All of the details and possible stories behind everything is just amazing. The cherub dresses and earrings are the best. This is by far my absolute favorite collection of clothes so far. Everything feels so Renaissance era/Michelangelo-y and I find that mixture with clothes to be beautiful. That and the princess-like designs, textures, and colors. (The accesories are amazing! Especially the veils and once again, THOSE CHERUB EARRINGS.)

                   


     

                                                                               
             

                                                                               
  
       A model walks the runway at the Dolce & Gabbana Autumn/Winter 2012/2013 fashion show as part of Milan Womenswear Fashion Week on February 26, 2012 in Milan, Italy.

                        

        A model walks the runway at the Dolce & Gabbana Autumn/Winter 2012/2013 fashion show as part of Milan Womenswear Fashion Week on February 26, 2012 in Milan, Italy.

                           
                    
              
       
         

                   

This makes me think of something out of a Wilhem and Jacob Grimm fairy tale. It's so eerily ethereal yet creepy at the same time. It looks an abandoned attic overrun by flowers. 
                   


                    

                                                                       -Britney


1 comment:

  1. Omg you're so right! This collection is stunning, one of my favorite too! I love the sunglasses they're awesome! Lovely post, hope you'll enjoy your magazine! :)
    Elyse xo
    http://demoiselleatomique.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete