Sunday, September 30, 2012

queen sylvia and lady kahlo

I've been particuarly fascinated with two incredible women in history lately: Sylvia Plath and Frida Kahlo. (Coincidentally, Sylvia had a daughter named Frieda.) Sylvia is by far my favorite historical person ever. I learned about her when I did a project for my Creative Writing class in June. My friends think she's incredibly depressing, but I think that she's the queen of everything lovely. Her poems are meaningful and her life, although it ended after 30 years, was noteworthy. I keep a picture of her in my binder, which makes bad days better. I learned about Frida in third grade, as a part of my art class, but have only looked into her life and work recently. 

My favorite picture of Sylvia, which is the one that I keep in my binder



I took these pictures last week and thought they were fitting for this post. 



Frida said that she painted herself because she was the best subject to paint. 






For the aforementioned Sylvia Plath project, I printe out a ton of pictures of her and made a huge collage out of them. My 7th grade C.W. teacher has it; I have to remember to ask for it back before I graduate. 
-Britney 

P.S. I'm blogging more often now! Which is weird, since I seem to be blogging more with the busy school year than in the summer. Yay me. 

1 comment:

  1. I have the same birthday as Frida :) Also, I'm reading The Journals of Sylvia Plath right now, I love it.

    Eryn
    fashionfledge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete